We are in love with CRO‘s Manga / Anime style artwork. Come to her shop, MadeByCRO, to find cards, prints, and downloadable art. All are unique and very original. This week, we chose to feature CRO’s lovely big-eyed Christmas girl. Come browse CRO’s shop and enjoy!
Last week, we missed our Tuesday Treasure – so this week we are featuring TWO lovely items from Etsy’s D-Team shops, and we’re cheating: Our first Tuesday Treasure is being revealed to you a day early! Consider it our Monday gift to you.
Our very own Stephanie, owner and artist of Etsy shop SassyBelleWares, created this amazing bracelet that was recently featured on Vampire Diaries. We love her chunky beaded wrap bracelets and other amazing creations. Check out the other treasures in her shop!
For a shop that has mastered the art of ceramics, and tied it up in a bow with CUTENESS, come visit GrapeVineCeramicsGft. We are particularly besotted with the GrapeVine Ceramics piggy banks in vivid hues with funky design elements. These are the perfect gift for anyone on your list who is saving up for their next vacation… or bicycle… or camera… and wants to do it in style!
Come to the BeedABoo shop on Etsy to find handmade creations that are a true delight! The shop owner makes her own beautiful beads, and her jewelry creations range from classic to playful. Come check it out!
Note: This post is the words of Graeme, an Etsy member who has kindly agreed to let us share his thoughts on SEO more widely. He originally posted this in the Etsy Forums, and JudysDesigns, a DTeam member, found it.
You can do research on Etsy right in Etsy’s search bar – just start typing and popular suggestions appear. Then you can use a tool like: www.tools4etsy.com/Wall-e/Relevancy/Keyword to see where you appear in search + who the top sellers are, the top listings, and the Tags used.
** Titles & Tags are important to Etsy Search (redundancy = relevancy i.e. Tag phrases should be repeated in titles); Description & Titles for SEO (repetition = relevancy, but not duplication; i.e. Titles, each should be unique). Title, Tag and Description (upper/lower) case & punctuation has no importance to Etsy Search & Search Engines like Google & Bing (SEO). Also, the order of Tags is not important.
** Be aware that Etsy sees Categories as having a dual purpose – both as a Category & a Tag. Entering them twice is a waste of a tag.
** According to an Etsy Blog article (ref: blog.etsy.com/en/2013/top-5-steps-to-a-mobile-friendly-shop ): “…item descriptions are truncated on Etsy’s mobile apps after nine lines; aim to keep vital details above the fold.”. As Etsy claims that 40%+ views are coming from Mobile devices, your target audience could be missing key information that may be visible “below the 9-line fold”.
** Please note that on Etsy, it can take up to an hour for the Listing page (Etsy page cache) to refresh and up to 24 hours for the Listing changes to be fully indexed. ( ref: www.etsy.com/help/article/187 )
** Etsy Blog articles & help links that should help:
- Shop Makeover Series: Titles, Descriptions and Tags – blog.etsy.com/en/2011/shop-makeover-titles-descriptions-and-tags/
- Etsy Success: Make Your Shop More Relevant – blog.etsy.com/en/2011/make-your-shop-more-relevant/
- An Etsy worksheet put together to help sellers brainstorm keywords that buyers might use when searching:
- How do I make sure my items are getting found in Search? – www.etsy.com/help/article/821
- How to Get Found in Search – www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/how-to-get-found-in-search/
- How to Get Found in Browse – www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/how-to-get-found-in-browse/
- How do I improve my shop’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? – www.etsy.com/help/article/247
- 4 Ways to Improve Your SEO and Increase Your Traffic – blog.etsy.com/en/2013/4-ways-to-improve-your-seo/
- How to Write Enticing Item Descriptions – blog.etsy.com/en/2012/how-to-write-enticing-item-descriptions
(Note: Whilst some of these blog posts have been around for a while, they are still very relevant)
- Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide – static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/...
** Etsy mentioned in an Admin Q&A thread (may 16th, 2014) that Etsy (eg: Treasuries) & external (eg: Facebook) inbound links will help with improving a Listing’s Relevancy. Listing new, relisting and renewing all equally give a Listing’s relevancy a boost.
** A great post on SEO Myths you should NOT believe: www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/12878519
** Lastly, here is a tool that compares Etsy Tags side-by-side: www.tools4etsy.com/tagwars
Whether you love guns and ammo, or just enjoy a great up-cycled piece of wearable art – you can find what you’re looking for at ShellsNStuff on Etsy. This shop features classy jewelry – simple, but extraordinary. This 40 Caliber Three Bullet Casing Necklace is just one of many treasures you can find at ShellsNStuff!