Note: Today we are visiting with Crystal, of Crystalcat1989.
Poison Ivy geeky cross stitch bookmark
I have always been a crafty person. Making random things started crocheting first then I learned to knit , cross stitch and because of my shop I have bought wool and learned to needle felt and spin yarn.
green Foxalope doll
A friend said I should sell my stuff on Etsy so I opened up my shop in May 2011.
Felted Fox can cozy koozie
What’s on your mind today? How’s your business going as winter moves on and spring moves in? Chat away in the comments.
Blue Sleeping Owl Ornament
Welcome to April! Did anyone prank you yesterday? What do you have planned in your shop for April? Chat away in the comments.
Today’s treasure comes from the shop of PurpleCat, a new member to the DTeam.
Check out the adjustable heart ring for kids (buyer chooses color):
Adjustable Heart Ring for Kids from PurpleCat
Elle tells us that we ‘must-try’ several hair colors for spring, ranging from platinum blonde to honey blonde through a rich brown to red, plus lavender purple and pastel blue. To see all the hair colors, click here.
Pastel blue hair for spring
What’s on your mind today? How’s your business going this lovely month of March? Chat away in the comments.
Lace Wedding Veil from VintageCarolina
This week’s Teaching Thursday comes to us from Molly of ElephantBeads:
1. Go to your “Stats” page and select “last 12 months.” Look to see which keywords rank highest. These are the search terms that brought potential customers to your shop. (For example. I see “crochet wire,” “wire crochet,” and “crochet jewelry” among my top 15 or so keywords. “Crocheted necklace” appears, but it’s way down the list).
2. Now look at your shop sections and see if you can use any of those search terms as category names. (I already had a section called “Crochet Wire Jewelry”.)
3. Next, look at your “Shop Title” (you can edit it by selecting “Info and Appearance” from the top drop-down menu). Can you use any of those popular keywords in your shop title? (For example, I had “Crocheted and beaded jewelry” as my shop title – so I changed that to “Wire crochet and beaded jewelry.”
3. Finally, edit as many of your items as you can, using those key words as tags and in titles.
4. Sit back and see if your shop views go up!!
What’s on your mind today? How’s your business going? Spring sales are picking up for some and are still slow for others. How’s it looking for you? Chat away in the comments.